Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Misbehavin'

I'm afraid I may need the Super Nanny.... This little guy cannot be reasoned with in times of tantrums. I do not think I can take him to another doctors appointment, lemme tell ya. He was refusing to walk so I had to carry him everywhere while trying to balance a clipboard, paperwork, insurance info, my purse and snacks. Then when he spotted the Glorious Stairs he made a break for it because he loves them so. I had to restrain him as he screamed and threw himself on the ground in lobby/waiting area while I tried in vain to schedule my next appt and ultrasound. I could just see the little thought bubbles above some of these people's heads.....

"Why is she having another one when she can't control the first?" or "Can't she shut that kid up?" or "I can't believe she brought her child to her doctors appt!" or the ever famous "Pshh, my child will not act like that, let me tell you!"

Oh the glares and accusing looks. I just wanted to say in my best Southern speak "Hey ya'll! Bite me"

He then tried to run away from me in the parking lot as I struggled to get the van unlocked.
Once we got home he made a break for it and ran straight for the street.
I had finally had it. I threw everything down, grabbed him and "turned him over my knee" for a couple of swats. Well! The bottom lip came out and he sat quietly on the couch for about 10 minutes, every so often telling me how I "swatted" his butt.

Even today when I say "that's a No no no!" he says "no no no!" and pats at his bottom. Oh geez!
I just worry about his safety when he disobeys me. He will gladly throw himself down the stairs or run straight into the street rather than listen to me. Very frustrating phase.

I always like to end with something pleasant after I vent about Carters' highjinks.... so, we are at 16 weeks and everything is going well. My next appt will be the one when I find out whether it's a boy or a girl! Yeah, can't wait.
Annnnnd, I finally got to hear a darling little "Luff ooo" (love you) the other night before bed, followed by a mmmmm-mwah kiss. So sweet.

No comments: