We had Carter's second dentist appointment today....ever. He is still trying to understand what exactly goes on in these places but he understands the promise of a present and a toothbrush. He is such a little man. I was so proud of him! He never lets me get all in his mouth like he was letting the dental assistant (although she gave him bubble gum flavored ring-pop toothpaste for his fancy new toothbrush....did I go to a medieval dentist when I was a child??). He brushed for them and they were impressed with his back and forth skills (yup, that's my boy! look at him brush!). Then he brushed his dinosaur's teeth and then his zebra's teeth (these are his "guys").
After a quick exam the dentist gave me a serious face look and asked me if I gave him iron in his vitamin. Gasp! Yes, his teeth were staining and I didn't even notice. Ah well, it's not so bad...there were 3 year olds in there all laid out with gas masks on getting cavities filled and "work done". Good grief, I can live with a little staining! However, we didn't have to...my little Metrosexual had his first cosmetic procedure done today. Should I put this in his baby book? :)
I must say he did not like it...they pumiced his teeth with the "magic spinning toothbrush" as they called it. I think Carter saw it as more of the loud, scary drill-thing that it was. He was not pleased but it only lasted a minute. Now he has bright, shiny new chompers and I stopped off at the drugstore to get those chewy vitamins for big boys. Out with the crappy tasting, teeth graying crap!
This is fascinating stuff, huh people?
Just take it all in.
**************************
And might I add that there was another Carter in the waiting room along with two little girls with names that are on our baby name list. This is a disaster! We are going to end up with Moon Flower River Mist McMahon just so he/she isn't in kindergarten with 5 others with the same name.
oh and p.s.
I did do his little tote bag and he loves it (he carries his "guys" in it). It looks totally awful but I did take pictures just for laughs....I'll post them later. I'm sure the anticipation will completely make up for my lack of artistic talent.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment