I simply cannot explain how much I cherish the time I get to spend with my husband and child on the weekends. I guard this time jealously. A "lost" weekend (like if Kevin is out of town) is hours and hours of quality time and down-time that we miss. Now that it's spring....who are we kidding? I mean, now that it's summer time there seems to be so much more to do outside and there seems to be more events to go to as a family.
Kevin was out of town this week but he got home earlier on Friday than he was supposed to so we were going to go to an outdoor concert thing downtown. Well, that didn't happen because it seems Mother Nature has a strict "Rain every Friday night in South Mippi" policy. Sooo bummer but hey, I had my hubby home which was the most important thing anyway.
Our big plans for Saturday were to take Carter to this Kids Expo and Fun day. All morning I was telling him "Wanna go see Elmo?" and "Elmo's gonna be there!". Before we even made it to the event Carter did a running, face skid in the parking lot at the store. Poor little thing! It was one of those slow motion moments where you just know you can't catch him in time and you know it's gonna be an Ouchy. Well, we went to the giant advertising event/"kids expo" and had fun but it was an absolute madhouse of screaming children and strollers. Umm, we didn't see Elmo. Good job, mommy. We got some popcorn and a balloon, though, so I think that made up for it. Top it off with one huge temper tantrum in the parking lot followed by an exhausted snooze in the car and you have yourself the typical McMahon family outing.
Today we were supposed to go to some migratory bird fest but I got the times wrong so we just ended up playing at the park. Carter doesn't really care what we do at this point as long as it involves stairs or "Ups" as he calls them. By the time this boy is 10 he will have thighs and buttocks to rival Mr. Universe's. He will be StairMaster Champion of his preschool.
After the park we came home and mama (me) whipped up a very healthy snack. Well, there was fruit involved so I will call it healthy. I love strawberry shortcake but we didn't have all the fixings for the normal kind so..... 3 powdered doughnuts, layered with sliced strawberries and whipped cream became the pregnant ladies best try. I craaaave, people!
Well, the rest of the day involves gardening and chores. If someone would have told me ten years ago that gardening and household chores with my family would be one of my favorite things to do I would have rolled my eyes and said "whateva, who's buying the next round?". :)
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment