Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our last weekend in April




I guess we should say goodbye to spring because once April is behind us it just turns into the Sahara around here.


So for our last weekend in April Carter and I went to listen to some music downtown. I can't believe how well behaved he was for me and the weather was perfect. We sat in a shady spot on some chairs and listened to some Louisiana cajun rock. Carter got up to dance a couple of times, picked up some sticks and put a couple of cooool rocks in his tote bag but he stayed right by me during the whole hour we were there. I couldn't believe it. For all of you who don't truly know this boy (most of you); this never happens. He is usually anywhere but where he should be.

This is him sitting sweetly in a chair and holding his precious rocks and then him jamming out to the Lost Bayou Ramblers (they were good!). He does this little side to side Frankenstein dance....



*********************************************


On Saturday we had a pretty lazy family day but we did go to the Art Walk downtown and just barely beat the rain. Did we see art? Umm, not so much but Carter pushed his stroller around for about an hour and wore himself out....just in time to go home and take a bath and get ready for bed. Aaaaah, it's nice when it works out that way. We heard there was art there, though.

Well, I finished my planting in the garden and cleaned the house. Isn't that amazing??!! Hey, when I actually accomplish something around here it deserves a place in my boring mommy blog.

I must say that I received some good news this weekend when my dad called me and said he is finally gonna come for a visit in a couple of weeks. Yeah! I miss my fam! It's always nice when Papa Jack comes around too because he does little stuff around the house. I think he gets kinda bored so he starts rewiring things and fixing plumbing issues, etc... It's kinda like having a house gnome when he is here. :) Kevin and I don't have enough hours in the day to do everything we plan to do.

Anyway, random blogginess. The week seems as if it is flying by already. We met daddy for lunch at the pizza place today and Carter was attacked by a chocolate chip cookie. :) He was very happy about that. As for our wee one....I am 19 weeks prego and next wednesday we find out if we are welcoming a new little boy or a little girl into our family. I can't wait! I will of course share with all, when we know. Now off to enjoy the precious few minutes of mommy-time left to me because little man C is about to wake up from his nap.

No comments: