Monday, April 7, 2008

Between a laugh and a cry

Yup, that is where I'm stuck. I'm caught between all the belly laughs this child gives me and all the frustrated tears. Such is motherhood, hmmm?

The frustration comes from Carter's lack of sleepyness lately....or his denial of sleepyness. Last night it took me 2 HOURs to get him to sleep. Yes, not a typo. Ever since he was sick 2 weeks ago or so he hasn't slept well...nap or nighttime, or should I say he hasn't gone to sleep well since. I am just gonna ride this current problem out and hope for a non-messy conclusion in the end. There is never a sure-fire fix for anything in this house!

I can't tell you how funny I find this kid. I wish I could just video tape him constantly because I know I will forget so much over the next few years. It makes me sad to think so. He had Kevin and I in stitches when we went to Target this weekend because he is such a little manwith his own opinions. He wants to walk not ride (this can be quite a fight sometimes) and he wants to explore and he wants to pick out his own stuff. We walked in and Carter promptly stole a musical mothers day card which he used as his own little boombox as we walked to the grocery section. He was bopping along, smiling and having a good time so Kevin and I are talking about something and I see him out of the corner of my eye carrying something over to our cart. He had found a gigantic box of Goldfish and was like "yeah! I want this!", so he was trying to wrestle it into our cart. I was laughing at how serious about his "snack" purchase he was. Later, he carried an Elmo laptop (in a box twice as big as him) all the way from the toy section to the checkout...stopping occasionally to press all the buttons. His daddy is not to be guilted into any purchase, lemme tell ya! I fold like a house of cards when it comes to stuff like that.

So we had a busy weekend cleaning and doing lawnwork. It's nice to have the house clean and the yard look nice...at least once a week....or month (harhar). It's been kinda distracting this weekend because the little baby has really begun to makes itself known; all day long, kicking and flippin around in there. I am huge all of a sudden! good lord.
Anyway, off to shower for we have mommy and baby pals coming over. Good thing the house is clean.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

We had so much fun in the water and sand. Thanks Jessica and Carter.