I don't know about you but I love mac & cheese. I used to just get the boxed stuff until I read the label and before I had my stepmother-in-laws homemade recipe. Mmmmm. It's good for toddlers, too....they can't turn down mac & cheese. Carter gobbles it up quick! So I just had to post this recipe. It's actually pretty quick and easy once you do it a couple of times. Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni
4 tablespoons margarine (2 tbsp used to grease the casserole, 2 tbsp added to mac)
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese grated or shredded
2 eggs
1 cup milk
salt & pepper to taste (at least 1 1/2 teaspoons salt)
Cook macaroni until done. While still hot, add margarine and all but 1/2 cup cheese. Mix well.
Beat the eggs and add to macaroni mixture.
Add milk and seasonings.
Return to stove and cook, stirring over medium heat for 3 minutes.
Pour into greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish (I use 8X8 dish, works nicely) and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese has melted (about 20 minutes).
Serves 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment