So we went over to a friends house today for a playdate and Carter was introduced to paint. I know, I'm a bad mommy for not nurturing the little artist in him but we have no where to paint....or draw. Plus he is The Destructor so I can only imagine what the house would look like after a toddler covered in paint ran around in it (although...we do need the den and kitchen painted...).
He took his painting very seriously. I can see now that the artistic gene definitely skipped me.(I am even now staring at a blank tote bag that I am supposed to decorate with fabric paint and stuff so that our little boy will stop carrying my purse and instead carry his own tote bag.)
I think that I will have to get him more art supplies soon. I'd really hate to see him grow up without an outlet of expression.
After michaelangelo was finished with his creation Miss Olivia gave him a juice pop. Obviously we see the early examples of why it's more fun at other kids houses. (note to self: get popsicle maker, paintbrushes and paint) So with stairs to climb on, popsicles to eat and paint to smear all over our chubby little baby legs our little man was in heaven. No wonder he threw a mini tantrum when we left. Luckily he did not cause any physical harm to anyone, especially the little babies.
Well, off to be "artistic". Oh lord, this is why we pay people who are good at this stuff. I will have to post a picture of my finished creation when I'm done....or maybe not.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The stories of your days with our youngster make me laugh!
Post a Comment