Monday, April 14, 2008

Our fun filled family weekend

Well, we've had a high-energy weekend. It all started Friday night; we went to see some live music downtown at the train depot. It would have been great had I remembered to bring the cash for drinks and food (Kevin says he specifically reminded me). Hey! My job is to remember the sippy cups, extra clothes/hats/shoes, sun screen and all the various snacks. I can't be relied on to remember a silly thing like cash. Who uses cash these days anyway? Pshh, I say! I martyred myself right away and said I would go back home to get it so that we could still enjoy our evening. It only took me 30 minutes or so...not that big of a deal. I got to drive around by myself and listen to the radio loud. That never happens!

On Saturday we went to a little friends, big-2 year old birthday bash. Man! Carter had a blast and Mommy actually got to talk with friends while Daddy tag-teamed the babysitting. It makes so much of a difference just having Kevin there to help watch the little munchkin at times like this when we are out at someone else's house. Phew, I was pretty worn out by the time we left but it was so worth it. Little Meredith was the happiest little 2 year old and she had the best toys to play on for the kids (and dad's, apparently). There was a big Mickey's Moonwalk jumpy thing and also their gigantic play structure with 3 death defying slides. Carter Kanievel did all three slides of course....I'm assuming he was caught up in the momentum of all the other kids and their excitement, however, once he came shooting out of the tunnel-slide face first and ate some grass I reevaluated Daredevil Daddy's "slide watching duties" :) .
He also bounced himself silly in the jumper. At one point I wiggled my misshapen body in there as well and got a little workout.....hmmm, I was a little dizzy afterwards though, not so sure 'twas the best idea....
I think the funniest moment was looking over to see three dad's and their children (including Kevin and Carter) jumping around in there. Mickey's whole jumping house was shaking so bad it didn't look like it would make it through the day!
Anyway, we both enjoyed talking to adults other than each other and Carter wore himself out hard.
We had a nice afternoon and I had a scheduled meeting with my Doula to discuss the birth (Kevin was on babysitting duty again, this time watching a 4 yr old and Carter....I wore him out on Saturday!). It was so beautiful this weekend we enjoyed a nice dinner outside on the patio and a family walk around the neighborhood.

On Sunday we had a nice laid back day and worked outside in the yard mostly. I actually got to help dig out my garden and till it up, ready to plant. We are waiting until next weekend to plant though since it will probably get down to the 30's at night in the next few days. Another family walk chatting it up with our neighbors made the evening feel very relaxing and so "suburban" and quaint. I hated to see the weekend come to an end but we had Mommy & Me this morning so it is always something to look forward to.
Carter was a maniac in class today...running around and laughing hysterically and helping Ms. Madelene clean up and pass out snack mats....it was too funny watching him. I have seriously never seen him so keyed up, it was almost as if someone slipped him some speed!
Ahhh, in a couple of hours Kevin gets home and I get to have mommy time at my fitness for two prego class. Just a bunch of exercising pregnant women and no kids to watch. Bliss! :)

1 comment:

Salty said...

This really was a great weekend honey!!!