So I was reminded today to really try and write down all of the little funny details that make Carter my Funny Little Guy. Here goes....
Recently, Carter has taken to carrying his own bag or whatever when we are out. This started a couple of weeks ago when we went to Target. Out of the blue he started having a fit telling me in toddler tongue that he wanted to carry my purse. He wouldn't budge until I gave him my purse to put up on his shoulder. I was thinking "Oh lord, his father is not gonna like this one..." Keep in mind my purse is hot pink/white; not exactly manly or even gender neutral. He was loving it though! I noticed he was getting worn out because it's kinda heavy so I grabbed a black/white canvas bag off of a rack and did the ol' switcharoo. He was satisfied to carry whatever purse I gave him and since the new one was empty and therefore much lighter it freed him up to gather toys that I had no intention of buying for him. I took some pictures with my camera phone but alas! I did not have my camera on me. Do I ever when I need it?!
So now he insists on carrying his lunch sack (Saints for daddy) and/or his dinosaur backpack when we go out. I just think it's adorable...but then again, I'm the mom; I think everything he does is adorable.
He is learning words but it is hard for him to sound a lot of them out. Mostly, he uses sign language (real and made-up) and he will attempt to say what he is signing but it is almost impossible for anyone but me to understand what he is saying. It's like we have our own secret language. He understands everything you say to him but has trouble enunciating (he always gets the correct syllables though). Anyway, right now we are working on that. He will come up to me and say "Noohhhh" and doing the 'More' sign. So I will correct him and say "Mmm, Mmmm, Moooore". He will then very seriously say back to me "Mmm, Mmmmm, Mooooohhhhhh". I congratulate him on his 'M' sound and silently chuckle at how closely he tries to copy exactly what I say. So far no swearing though, so good!
So I've said before that he has all the makings of a future maid. I know he will grow out of the helping and cleaning phase but it is pretty darn cute. He loves to be the Assistant. Around the house he will help load and unload the dishwasher, load the washing machine and unload the dryer, he likes to wipe up messes and clean the floor with baby wipes or paper towel and he especially likes to help his daddy or me in the yard. Yesterday we went to Lowe's and bought some plants. He picked out a basil plant and kept it clutched to his chest the whole time....man! did he cry when we said he couldn't hold it on the way home (think messy biodegradable pot). He "helped" me plant it and the others in the garden and then "helped" his daddy trim the hedges and rake up the debris. Today (and every monday) we had Mommy & Me and he just loves helping out the teacher Ms. Madelene. When she brings out each toy or activity he tries to help by passing them out, then he will wipe them down with baby wipes and put them away, he tries to drag the big toy bins back to where they go in the hall and very often he will point and tell her what to do in his toddler tongue. Either I have a sweet little helper or I have a little bossy dictator....I haven't decided. :)
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment