Monday, April 21, 2008

Name Shortage

With the first child you have this endless list of names to choose from. Well, it seems that way at least. You haven't entered the world of Mommies and Babies, yet; Mommy & Me, kinder music, gymnastics, daycare, playdates, children's events, etc.... where you run into every name imagineable. So when you get pregnant with the second (and I can only imagine it gets harder each child) your list of possible names has shrunk a great deal. There are rules to naming. We all know the No-ex-boyfriend/girlfriends Rule and the No-past-pets Rule but there is also the No-name-stealing-of-your-friends-and-aquaintances Rule. Every name I come up with is scratched off soon thereafter because of one of these rules. Then of course you are a bit pickier the second time around...or maybe it just seems that way because the list is so much smaller.

Anyway, I need help. For the record I am convinced it's a boy (we don't find out for 2 more weeks) but Kevin is keeping some girls names in the mix, anyway. (Girls are easier to name than boys! so I'm not terribly worried there)
So please! If anyone has a suggestion for a name please please tell me. All will be considered. We are having a harder time with a boys name, of course but you can suggest either one. I know there are like 5 people who read this :) but please help us name our wee one!

11 comments:

Leslie said...

How about Ed?

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mandi said...

hmmm, my favorite right now? what if I had a third. Ha! I already have my third's names picked out so I won't share, but here are the runners up....

boy:

I :heart: Grady! I wanted to name Noah this sooooo bad, but his dad didn't want to. Which is fine, he looks like a Noah.

I also like
Owen, Finn, Samuel, Geoffrey


girl:

I like
Elisabteh(with and s to avoid: Liz, Lizzie, and definitely not beth), Emily, Caroline *one of my favs, but my godchild has that name.

Okay I will hush now.

Salty said...

Austin Danger McMahon

Anonymous said...

iron mc mahon...cool

Jess said...

Well, at least Mandi gave me some real choices. Good lord people! Ed? Iron??

mandi said...

Changed my mind, jessica!

I agree with Kevin....

Austin Danger it is!

Kinda sounds like Awesome danger!

Anonymous said...

Dont poop on my name....
Okay.. If it's a girl.. Fluery
if its a boy.. Maxamillion, Max for short...

Anonymous said...

didn't you read Iron Man? Come one ...he would have to the coolest guy in school named Iron.

Anonymous said...

Or jackson... for a boy. .. any who, your baby name quest has taken up too much of my time. I live in the land of Martinis, dining out and going to the beach to scoop out my next victim... I am a budding young cougar kitty.. I love being selffish.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I think that Austin Danger is awesome! I am also a big fan of the name Atticus (vetoed by my entire family). All my names were vetoed!