Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The latest adventures of us crazy circus folk

See recent post on sleep success:

I must have spoken too soon...again. I should know better.
My darling boy has kicked his daddy to the guest room the past two nights as he has wrestled with his recent demonic possession. Good grief. If a feather floats into the room at night he wakes up. If the door is open he freaks out crying and thrashing and needs to close it. If you breathe too loud he flops around like a fish out of water.
What's going on with him lately?
The days aren't much better, lemme tell ya. He must be going through something right now that I am unaware of....some toddler ailment of the mental sort? I just hope it passes because I can't take it much longer. I'm running a little thin these days (emotionally, hormonally and mentally). Phew.

Anyway, a recap of the last few days.....

I know you are all waiting with bated breath for the big announcement but I don't have one as of yet. No changes. Still pregnant.
I'm slowly starting to develop a complex as I've become very popular this week, all of a sudden. Texts, emails and phone calls are coming non-stop, "Had that baby yet?" and "Are you still pregnant?" seem to be the top opening lines. :) Grrrrrr.
So Saturday we went to the zoo to try to "Walk dat baby out!" (me following advice from people at Walmart. Great!)
It was an impromptu trip but we threw together some snacks and popped the wagon in the van and we headed out. Oh, and don't forget the mini radio for my husband's crack-like addiction to MSU football. Damn Cowbells.
Our zoo just seems to get smaller and smaller each time we go but Carter still gets a kick out of it so that makes it worth it; plus it costs like 2 dollars to get in...can't beat that. We pulled our little Pasha around in his wagon while he snacked and commented on all the "AnMalls!". He loved it and did so well. In fact this day was the last day of good behavior we've had. Hmmmmm. We left it at the zoo, I see. It was probably the best little family day we've had in a while. Kevin only checked the score 3-4 times, Carter was sweet and obeyed the rules and I waddled happily. Ahhh.

Then....Sunday. Hmmm, let's skip Sunday. Sunday sucked. Bad moods, no sleep, blah, blah, blah....
But we were given a new book for the boys. Everyone remember Where the wild Things are ? Well, it's a classic but I remember it scared the hell out of me when I was little. However, I'm thinking that Carter would really like the monsters and stuff and the little boy who tames them. Well, no.
He didn't.
In fact we only got about 4-5 pages in before I realized that the concerned and kinda angry look on his face is also his not-so-sure-about-this,-i-think-i'm-kinda-scared face. He finally was like "Noooo book, Mama" and closed it up, carried it over to the bookshelf and put it up "High!". He won't even entertain the idea of looking at it again. Poor baby. I might as well have just let him watch The Shining at age 5 (thanks Dad!).
So from now on we will stick to the books about "AnMalls!" and dinosaurs and other classics like The Three Bears (which is the current favorite around here).

On Monday we got a belated birthday present for Carter via the ever-loved UPS man. He opened it up and said "Siiing!". It was a shiny, little red piano just for him. He jumped up and down in the kitchen and plopped down in front of it like a little Linus from Charlie Brown. So now we gather around the family piano and sing renditions of the theme songs to The Wonder Pets, Diego, Dora the Explorer and the ever popular Wow Wow Wubbzy while Carter bangs away happily on the keys. Liberace, minus the gold pantsuit and glam-god glasses.

Bringing us to Tuesday... I had my 40 week appt with the doc. Like I said, nothing happening. Sorry.
At lunch we had a guest, though. Carter invited his Little Tikes tricycle to join us. His little-boy "Bike" got a Snoopy bib and lots of parmesan on his spaghetti. He fed him with his own fork and made chewing noises. I was half laughing and half "Quit playing with your food!". This is how I spend most of my days.....half trying to discipline and parent my child and half just laughing at his antics.
So there ya have it. The last few very exciting days. Today we will try to get out of the house and I will try to stop stressing out about the fact that I'm still very pregnant and if anyone knows a good exorcist, send me his number. :)
I would like sleep again....just for a wee bit.

No comments: