Thursday, September 11, 2008

Paper towel towers

I love when my son plays with things other than toys. I think it's an important part of having an imagination and it makes me feel like he is thinking "outside the box". Not that toys don't offer the chance to use those crazy developing imaginations but toys guide the imagination a certain direction.
Now, 12 paper towel rolls? What can you do with them? How much fun could that be?

I remember being a kid and being so damn excited when someone in the neighborhood got a new appliance. Us kids would promptly run over and steal the giant box put to the street. Said box would become a house, a car, a bus, a doghouse, a castle, a boat and countless other things before we dragged the shredded, dilapidated remains to the street.

So 20+ years later I'm sitting in front of a not-very-imaginative laptop watching my 2 year old create walls and towers with our Sam's club paper towel rolls. I love it. I love seeing him drag a chair over to stack them "Hiiiiigggghhhh!" and listen to him say "Mooorrrre Towtow!" when he stacks them and "Ohhh, Maaaan...." when they fall. He cracks me up.


********
Prego update:
38 weeks
head down
80% effaced
No change from 2 weeks ago
I got to see my little boy in an ultrasound though and I'm excited to kiss those chubby cheeks.
Crabbiness on the rise, however.

No comments: