Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I spoketh to soon

Well, so much for spelling out the word Shit. He caught on...
Yesterday, a giant-carry-away-a-small-child bug got into the house and is hanging out on the dining room ceiling. I do what any normal wife would do... "Keeeeeeevvvvvvviiiiinnnnnn!!!"
Of course the bug-killer aka the husband comes in and says "What the hell is that?".
I shrug, "A giant preying mantis?"
We both stand there for a minute thinking how the hell we are gonna get it out because I am not gonna be the one to clean up the mess it makes if we killed it.
Carter comes running in and yells excitedly "Beeeeee!"
"Yep...big bee", I say distractedly.
Kevin then begins jumping and leaping at it but it keeps swooping away (wingspan about 3+ feet btw). It then divebombs our heads and Kevin exclaims "Oh shit!" ..... which is perfectly repeated by our darling little magpie. "Ohhhh SSSSShit!" he yells, then again and again....
I am frantically saying "Nooo, Ohhh Shooooot, Carter....Shoooot"
Kevin is trying hard not to laugh out loud. Truth be told I had to really hold in the giggles myself.
Why is it so funny when you hear swear words coming from little tiny bodies with little tiny voices?

2 comments:

Salty said...

I didn't say that!? You did.

Anonymous said...

Sure...sure....