Friday, September 5, 2008

I don't get to brag about much....

....but I feel I must say that it is 9am and my darling son just woke up. On top of that he woke up from out of his own bed. Can you say Yeehaw?
How often do you think I will get to sleep in til 9 o'clock when the new one comes? Not likely from what I've heard, but lemme tell ya this whole toddler bed experiment has blindsided me with it's success. I don't care if the damn thing is pushed right up to our bed!
I almost feel like we are entering the world of normal functioning people. Kinda cool. Get me my member packet and I.D. badge, people! I am almost one of you!
Hahaaa!
Anyway, our little man will crawl in our bed maybe 2-3 times a night but he is easily moved back to his own bed; sometimes awake but mostly after he dozes off again. He has fallen out of his bed a few times. In fact he falls out of it at least once a night so I have added enough blankets and cushioning on that side to almost have created a whole different bed. Momma paranoia.

What a way to start my day. I have nice cup of coffee, an obedient and sweet son, plans for chickfilA with the daddy....hmmm, what more could I ask for today? Ummm, how about LABOR damnit!
I'm starting to swell now (like a tick) and I must say my mood is not the greatest at this point. You would be diplomatic in referring to me as slightly irritable. In fact, if you are a rude restraunteur with aggressive tendencies (ie, accusing me of lying and calling me back on my cell phone to cuss my husband out) you may get me to drive up to your establishment to tell you off and call you a Redneck Moron. Yes. I am oh so proud of myself...but you just don't mess with a woman who is about to give birth. It's a rule. Kevin says "my Detroit came out" again and he thinks it's funny. I actually have a vague recollection of bobbing my head back and forth and swinging my finger in the air. I guess I was going for the Angry Latina. At least I didn't swear.... My dignity remains intact.

As far as being pregnant goes....well, I'm not going to rant because I know that every woman who is deep in the last few weeks of her pregnancy will say the same things, "How can I get any bigger?", "He/she just has to be coming early...", "I don't think I'll make it to my due date" and my favorite "GET OUT!"
It is mother natures way of preparing you for labor because what's a little pain when you are so damn miserable everyday.
Anyway, we are closing in on the Big Day so I will try to be patient. Yeah right, my greatest asset; patience. Suuuurrre.
Side note: I sure am loving the weather though...rainy and cloudy is just the way I like it! :)

No comments: