Monday, September 8, 2008

Ohhh, I've got the Randoms

I must write some of this random stuff down so I don't forget it. I think the mundane is special.

So usually a quiet and missing toddler is a sign of some disastrous mess somewhere in the house....but not this morning. I finally go looking for my lil' youngster and find him in mommy & daddy's bed with the covers pulled up to his chin and watching Diego. He is too funny. I then say You wanna eat lunch? and he says No, mama and did the sign for sleep...then he laughed and pretended to sleep until I left the room. Goofball.

So here are a few things he has been saying recently:
Oh, Man! when something is dropped or has fallen.
Es Otay! when he has fallen or bumped his head and is usually accompanied by the waving of his hands in the air like he is soothing a large crowd.
Oh, Shooot! another momma kinda oops...at least it's not s-h-i-t (hey! look at me...spelling it out in my own blog; I'm a dork)
Oootaaay... chin to chest, shoulders hunched accompanied by a dejected shuffle; this is after he is told he can't have something or do something right now (very pathetic and heart wrenching).
Paaay! when he sees toys r us or wants to play with his friends toys

Our Big Guy says alot of words but he expresses himself in multiple ways. He is not as verbal as some of his little friends but he has always used a lot more "Silent communication", as I called it. So he combines the verbal with signs and face/body language. He is very expressive in a dramatic sense. ( He has been having trouble with some consonants but we aren't worried because we know he is a little genius. )

Things he fell asleep with last night:
Tickle Me Cookie Monster, a book on the New Baby, sippy cup and mommy (because I was too exhausted to move)

Favorite food group:
Cupcakes :) (I must hide them and eat them in a closet like an addict)

Favorite Shows:
Wow Wow Wubzy
Max & Ruby
Dora/Diego
Wonder Pets

Signs he still uses (even with his words):
Table, shower/bath, milk, sleep, bird, cat, flower, book, chair, slide, bowl, baby, cry

Favorite toys right now:
Choo Choo play tent
ABC's puzzle (EeeBee's he calls it)
Tool Set
Play doh set (dora)
and Rock's .... of course (he is a boy)

Nicknames I still call him:
Bear, Bear-Bear or Baby Bear
Bubby or Bubba
Stinky, Tinky or Tinker Bear
Sonny Boy Williamson (or other combo such as Stinker Bear Williamson....we aren't sure why we started calling him this...)

Everything right now is I dooo it! and Belf! (which means "by myself") He has entered the very independent stage of toddlerhood. This is both frustrating for me and sweetly endearing as I watch him become a little man.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute blog. (and i appreciate you spelling out those nasty 4 letter words...)

Jess said...

Is my dear sister being a wee bit sarcastic? :)

Salty said...

Sonny Boy Williamson explanation: He is a great Mississippi bluesman but I thought it would be cute to call a baby boy, "Sonny Boy," so I started calling Carter, Sonny Boy. He was a few months old and we were standing in front of the House of Blues in New Orleans and Jess looks up at the Sonny Boy Williamson statue and says profoundly, "Look, honey, that's what you call Carter." I said, "Yeah, that's where I got it from."

Anonymous said...

Aren't i always? your blog is my new soap opera.