Thursday, February 28, 2008

Who knows?

I love Po' Boy bread but I think it is beyond normal to eat 3 foot long loaf of it. For a snack, I just had some Po' Boy and the bottom of a bag of chips (the greasy, salty crushed remnants). Oh the joys of pregnancy.
Po' Boy. I can't even say it correctly....it's like I have a speech impediment. For some odd reason it always comes out "PoyBoy". My husband makes fun of my pronounciationg of po'boy and pecan. He says I sound more redneck than him because I say "pee-can" when every other educated person says "puh-cahn". Oh well. Those aren't nearly as bad as my original pronounciation of Tchoupitoulas. Ha, I though G.P. had some funky street names...try reading a map of NoLa.
I vaguely recall as a child having a hard time saying "r" at the end of a word; like "car" came out "cow". I also cannot role my "R's" (not good considering my minor was spanish) and I cannot make that little roll out of my tongue. I'm sure everyone is fascinated by this information.

On another topic completely...I just wrote a check for an extremely large amount of money. Did I buy a pair of Manolo Blahnik's? Nooooo. Did I buy a necklace/bracelet at Tiffany's? Nooooo. I bought a 6x10 piece of tin called a "license plate". It is a very nice license plate....light, aerodynamic. Mmmm. Ridiculous. I must say there was a looong pause after the teller told me how much I owed the State for the privilege of wearing some of it's sought after Bling.
As an adult person I've lived in 4 different states in this country and I know they differ in many ways....but I truly don't understand why we have to pay college tuition prices for a car tag each year. In Michigan it was based on weight of the vehicle or something. I never in my life paid more than 60 bucks for a new sticker or license plate. Sooo, talk about a rude awakening for me, huh. WTF.
Good thing I didn't get that 2008 Mercedes I was eyeing, huh? ;)

No comments: