Thursday, February 21, 2008

The way we were...

First off, I must say that my personality is that of a "List Maker". This is how I roll. :) And secondly, I am in no way saying the before is better than the now....just interesting comparison on lifestyle changes we go through.

Things I used to do:
  1. Dine (seared peppercorn encrusted ahi tune, bottle of wine, creme brulee....ya get the drift)
  2. Get a pedicure
  3. Shop for clothes and shoes (for myself)
  4. Actually try on clothes in the dressing rooms
  5. Wear high heels
  6. Wear jewelry
  7. Spend ridiculous amounts of money on booze, cigarettes and cell phones bills
  8. Get a massage
  9. Go to the movies
  10. Take a relaxing bath and shave my legs
  11. Have intellectual conversations about history, poetry and socio-political systems

Things I now do:

  1. Eat (as fast as I can before Carter loses all patience and we have to wrap it all to go)
  2. Sloppily throw some nailpolish on craggy toes (I've actually snagged my heel skin on the carpet, yum)
  3. Shop for clothes and shoes (for Carter)
  4. Hastily judge size of clothing by stretching over body
  5. Wear whatever won't make me trip and fall while carrying my child
  6. Studs and maybe a necklace (or else I'm just asking for abuse)
  7. Spend ridiculous amounts of money on diapers, toys and gas
  8. Grit my teeth in frustration while bending in strange positions to alleviate back pain
  9. Rent movies and hope me or hubby won't fall asleep before the end
  10. Take hot, hot shower and scrape old razor blade up and down legs in the hope some hair will also be removed
  11. Have intellectual conversations about breastfeeding, child development and hunting down a sale on childrens shoes

2 comments:

mandi said...

ain't that the truth!

Olivia said...

It absolutely is the truth--but you're better than me, all of the before things seem so long ago, I don't know if I remember them well enough to make a list!