Saturday, February 23, 2008

I love Olive Garden

I think it's the salad. Especially when it's got a lot of dressing pooling in the bottom of the bowl. Mmm. Then I sop it up with my mass produced breadstick. Oh how I love The OG.
How funny that growing up with a large Italian population in my area made me think that Olive Garden was a total cheeseball establishment. Now I crave it on a regular basis. Do I talk about food too much in this blog? Does food run my life? Probably.
So today we weigh our options... We're out at Lowe's and Carter is crabby and due for a nap any minute but we are hungry. We strategerize ( I think I just made this word up).

"Okay, you go in and order endless soup, salad and breadbasket and I'll keep him occupied in the van", I say.
Kevin, solemn nod.
"Get crayons", I add.

We figure the pre-made goodness will arrive at the table just in time to distract mr. crabby pants. We'd inhale food and nap would immediately commence.

Somehow it never really works out the way we plan.

We made it through (the wait for food was much longer than anticipated) but I must say that our youngster is a black olive fiend. So much so that the waitress actually noticed this and brought him his own bowl. So for lunch he ate a healthy 4 croutons, one bowl of black olives, one piece of lettuce (weird face with this one) and 3 bites of my minestrone.
Also, let me add here that the smells and substances that come out of a child 2 hours after eating a whole bowl of black olives is not something that I'd like to repeat.

No comments: