So many moons ago my ever thoughtful husband invented the 4 day celebrations leading up to my birthdays and sometimes mothers day or v-day. Adorable isn't it. Yes, we are disgustingly in love....most of the time. :) So? I ask. Where is it? No celebration this morning?? 4 days before my b-day?? What gives.
For all those not in the "know" the celebration involves coffee made (of course), a love note and some sort of gift left on the computer for me to find when I get up in the morning. Isn't that the sweetest thing? Yes. It is. I look forward to my celebrations. They make me go "Awwwwwww". The only other time I make that noise/exclamation is when my son does something sweet for me like bring me a tissue when I sneeze or when he wakes me up with a "mmmm-wwaa-kiss".
Hmmm. I must have been a bad wife this weekend. I did pout and drag my feet when he wanted me to put all my clothes away (they've been residing on the guest bed and in a pile in my closet). He finally did it for me, which made me unreasonabley upset because I knew where everything was before. Now it's all shoved in drawers willy-nilly. Yes the bedrooms are now clean but it took me a half an hour this morning to find one particular shirt. I need to "grab and go". We will have to figure out a compromise....somewhere in the middle between my archaeological excavations and his shove-everything-in-drawers method. I mean, I appreciate it very much because I know he just wants us to get more organized and a clean environment helps him keep a clear mind but come on....he hung up my nightgowns in the closet....on hangers. That's just too much!
I'm very orderly in some aspects of my life. I guess just not with my clothes. Oh well. I could have worse habits.
Anyway, I like to tease him.
Soooo. I'm told that the celebration may occur from b-day to v-day. Hmmm. That could be fun. A full 7 day celebration? I like.
Have I said how much I love my husband and my wee little one? I love Carter's little voice when he says "Up!" and I love his breath after he's just eaten a bunch of Goldfish crackers. I love Kevin's love notes in the morning and his "Family! I'm home!" in the evenings. There is really too much to list. I have such a wonderful family and I cherish every damn minute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment