In celebration this morning I had a krispy kreme donut with my coffee and then gave half of one to Carter. At first he was like "Naah" then he decided to take a little nibble..... I turned around 3 seconds later and it was gone. The only remnants were the bits of glaze stuck to his face. He of course wanted some more and he tried to climb on the table to get them. Argh. I had to put them up out of reach of the little monkey, sweet-treat goblin. It's my own fault. I know that krispy kreme cannot be resisted.
So, I'm taking a shower and trying not to throw up (blasted "morning sickness"), when I peek out at my quiet toddler. He was standing and leaning with his elbows on his bed, hip cocked and one leg kinda swinging/bouncing to Junior Kimbrough (we are trying to instill a bit of a musical soul in our boy). He had his Fisher Price toy catalog out and he was idley flipping through the pages and studying the toys. I had this flash forward to him as a teenager leaning on our future homes' breakfast bar in the kitchen looking through a skateboarding magazine or something. He's such a little kid all of a sudden.
So what are we gonna do today, you ask? I have no idea. I can't think of anything birthday related to do. Tonight I know we are going to eat curry. yeah! We never eat there because it's overpriced for what you get....but it's my pick! I'm going to watch Lost tonight and have zombie-I mean mommy time. These are my grand plans. Aren't you jealous?
What I want for my birthday:
- a babysitter and a nap
- an indian restaurant to open up (omg, I need nan)
- a large german woman to clean my house- every damn nook and cranny
- a sherpa to run errands with me (carry purse, chase child and drive this 'miss daisy')
- vernors
- a hug from my mom
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jessica!! I'll treat you to a video game at Chuck E cheese next week! Ha!
Happy Birthday I hope you had a fabulous day!!!
Post a Comment