I hate the falls that happen in slow motion as your are running and yelling "Noooooooooo!" or "Carefuuuuuuul!". They make me sick to my stomach. This afternoon Carter was sitting on a bench about 2 feet off the ground (our floors in the den are awful vinyl covered concrete and horrible on baby heads) and he leaned over as I walked into the room..... of course he fell directly on his face/head. Ugh. I scooped him up as he sobbed and I thought to myself, How do I survive falls out of a tree or a busted nose from skateboarding? Oh good grief.
On a lighter note, he was very excited to wear his christmas pj's tonight since they now sort of fit him. The legs are still too long but he looked damn cute in his little fleecy jams. They are so big even though they are 18 month size. I wouldn't have even put them on him but I realized I forgot to wash his clothes. I am a wonderful housewife and mother, yes?
Kevin indulged my cravings this evening by agreeing to a Taco Bell run. Yum. It always takes away the nausea...I don't know why. It's a very mysterious cure.
Hmmm, another little tidbit that cracks me up is at night when Carter watches the Baby Einstein videos (with the sign language and words around the house) he will get so intense when he does the signs or when he tries out the words. I'm so proud of him. :) He really likes learning.
We've been telling him about the baby in my belly and so now he likes to kiss my stomach. Funny. I wonder what he will make of the whole thing as we progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment