Monday, February 25, 2008

Cheese Nips solve anything

My poor little man is accident prone. Or maybe he is just a "gettin in to trouble" kinda kid. Whichever label fits. I had the sliding glass door open to enjoy our beautiful spring day (for all you wintery northerners still huddled in front of your fires) and I left Carter standing there watching the birds through the screen and talking to himself like he does. Well of course I hear an unholy shriek/scream/cry thing and I run frantically to find that he has squished his little chubby baby fingers in the door. Ugh. We have a history of finger accidents in my family...probably some ancient gypsy curse (ask my sister, stubby). Any accident, bump or bruise that produces sobs is usually one that also turns my little man into a choke-my-neck-clingy-monkey for a long while after. But being the seasoned mother that I am (could be taken in many ways), I always offer the bribe snack after the tears. Most popular of course being the coveted Cheese Nip.

No comments: