Haha! Yes, Carter has a tendency (as all toddlers do, I'm sure) to want to do it himself. You know, get food out of the cupboards, put lotion on, wash his own boy parts, etc... So all of a sudden he had it in his head that he wanted to drink out of the cup like a big boy, ie... no lid. He also insisted that there be "Icccccccce" in it. Okay, man. Go for it.
He did great, actually. I was surprised at how well he tipped it up just enough to get the little sip he needed and all that. However, when he was done drinking he went to put it up on top of the kitchen table......reaching over his head. Oh goodness. Yes, you can see where this is going. He dumped ice water all over his head and was half crying and half sputtering in shock and dismay. Now I try never to laugh at my child so as not to cause him any self confidence problems or whatever but I have to say that I was laughing so hard and actually slapping my knee with hilarity. The good thing was he then thought it was funny as well. So no hurt feelings. Whew. It's like Laurel & Hardy over here sometimes.
I realize that many of these little toddler tidbits aren't that funny to other people (especially the non-kids folks) but they make me smile everyday and I sure do need the laughs.
On another subject Carter related..... He has been really working hard at many words. Most of them aren't very distinct but close. A few of them are very clear and he uses them all the time. I love his little "Up!" when he wants up or when he wants something high he can't reach or when he wants the light on....so damn cute. My new favorite though is the "Ah oh!". I never realized how many times a day I said Uh oh. Not until my little magpie starting repeating it and using it for his own. Pretty darn cute. A lot of times I can hear him in another room chanting it over and over after he's dropped something "ah oh ah oh ah oh...."
Anyway, that's all. I'm still nauseous all day long unless I eat Taco Bell or Pizza....then I'm fine for about 30 minutes to an hour. I think I might get some of those motion sickness bracelets or something. I am a haggard looking sour-puss when my husband gets home in the evenings. Don't get me started on all the phone calls that I have yet to return. Awful friend and correspondent these days. Lo siento.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment