So I time my showers to correspond with Dora the explorer. This lets me have an uninterrupted 15-30 minutes to myself while little man C chills with his favorite latina. Kevin may make fun of me and my routines but it is survival, baby! Today, as I'm daydreaming under the shower spray I hear, "Mah MAAAAA!". Nicely jolted from my reverie (I sound like an ass but seriously this is how I talk to myself), I whip open the shower curtain and see Carter standing there making frantic hand signs, babbling and pointing. "What?!" I ask, still covered in soap. "Blahbbity Blab Mama, HEP!" (hep = help)
He comes and grabs my hand dragging me from the shower yelling "HEP!". Here I am thinking someone is breaking in or the tv fell off the dresser....I don't know, but noooooo, none of that. My darling immediate gratification child needed the water spray bottle from the linen closet. (I keep it here to spray wrinkles out of cotton clothing because folding laundry doesn't exist in my house)
It is hard to take yourself seriously when you are dripping water all over your carpet and being screamed at by a small person just because he has it in his head that he wants to drench everything in your bedroom with water.
What exactly goes on in their giant developing brains?? I want to know the thought process that leads to the action.
So I got back in the shower with a sigh, shook my head and felt grateful it wasn't a cataclysm. Like I told a friend of mine recently... I don't know anything about children, I'm just a mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment