Monday, June 16, 2008
Only with a boy....
Months ago I bought Carter a little baby doll for "practice". It came with a bottle and it supposedly drinks and potty's (there is a hole in it's little plastic booty and a hole for a mouth). Today Carter wanted to feed the baby so I filled the bottle with water and was doing something else....when I look over to see him with the baby doll flipped over on the coffee table, booty in the air and he is sticking the bottle in the wrong hole. I tried explaining to him that people don't like things stuck in their butts and that the little baby was probably uncomfortable with the bottle being there. Mind you I will be watching our new little guy very, very well when Carter has any sort of bottle-shaped object around him....especially during diaper changes. My eyes are open. Well, you can't argue long with a toddler so I left him to his gross experiments, walked out of the room and returned a few minutes later to find him now drinking the water out of the doll's butt. He was lapping it up and laughing. This was just too much. I of course, had all sorts of nightmare visions of what this signified...I know, I know, nothing...he is just being a boy. Boys like messes, butts, farts, sticks, dirt, roughplay, stinky things and breaking things. It's just the way of the world. Can't wait for the double dose of boyhood fun that I have coming to me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ah yes, the wonderful world of boys and butts. that was a good one.
Post a Comment