I've thrown in the towel. My child has won, I have lost. I can no longer fight him on the huge issues. Today we've already had countless tantrums and crying fits over silly things so I give in. He just had to pick out his own clothes this morning and get dressed "belf" (by himself). So I let him. He picked out red swim trunks, a sleeveless navy/white/doggie basketball shirt and his crocs. He also wanted to put on red plaid overalls over this ensemble but I managed to talk him out of this one....I mean it is 98 degrees out today. His hair still remains unbrushed and he smells like syrup from breakfast. I folded at lunch and gave him some of my vernors ginger ale because he wouldn't stop scream-whining. Yes, I gave him soda pop. This next child will probably have sweet tea in his bottle at the rate I'm going.
I am officially calling off all shopping trips with child in tow. Nada. I cannot take him to any stores until he grows out of this. All done. Yesterday he ripped down the whole metal rack of brooms at T.J. Max and they all went everywhere. Today, yet another screaming fit at Kohl's. People look at me like I am a menace. I'm totally not making this up....they seriously glare at me or look appalled and/or shocked. It's not as if I had just whipped out my boobs and starting screaming profanities...I mean, good grief people! Anyway, my sweet little boy will now only be allowed in secure locations unless I have my husband along to help with him. That's it. Case closed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so with you on this one. I almost had a panic attack in Walmart Friday. I had David in the Bjorn and Marion ran out of fruit chews--nightmare. Maybe we can take turns watching the small people while the other one shops!?!
Post a Comment