I will forever be amazed at the amount of oddball things a toddler can survive on. Yesterday, Carter ate 1 mini powdered doughnut, 3 noodle casserole bites, 8 raisins, 3 strawberries, 2 bowls of rice chex, some milk and juice. My formerly good eater has become a little bird, pecking at his food and his preferences change daily so I can in no way predict if I will be throwing out food over and over or if I haven't cooked enough and then have to deal with urgent screams of "MOOORRRE!". People with anxiety issues shoud be very aware of what having children does to you. I've become as jumpy as a water-bug lately.
So, pregnancy must make me even more homesick because I spent about an hour looking at the Grosse Pointe News online last night and feeling morose. I miss the smell of the lake. Is that weird? I miss showering after spending the day at the beach/park/on a boat. Maybe it's just that the summers here are so vicious...it probably makes me miss home more. Also, whenever Kevin goes out of town I feel like this....kinda abandoned (sorry honey).
It's a challenge to be "on" 24 hours a day with our little man and be pregnant. I must say though, that he is so damn cute. All of my stressed out fights with him melt away when I walk into a room and see him feeding his dinosaurs or giving his tickle-me cookie monster some of his milk. He cracks me up. When he is really into a cartoon I will just look at his profile and I can't decide who he looks like more; my husband or my mother. There is something about his facial expressions and mannerisms that remind me so much of Sheila but he has the look of his daddy.
Anyway, we are mightily bored around here but I am happy because I actually got to sleep a full night last night. Yeah! It's the little things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can relate. I think Marion grows solely on Juicy Juice, apples and raisins sometimes. Oh Well--too bad I can't eat for her:)
Post a Comment