Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ahh, the guilt

The guilt of letting Caillou babysit while I sit at the computer. The guilt of checking my sitemeter and realizing that people actually check this blog everyday and I've been too lazy to write anything. The guilt of knowing I haven't called some of my friends back in over a month. Sigh. Does it ever end? :)

Well, since my child is sitting here transfixed with his cartoons I might as well update this damnity damn thing.
Let's see.....on Saturday we did a drive-bye birthday party where we rode the zoo choo-choo, I shoved 2 pieces of cake in my mouth and we dropped off a present for one of Carter's former mommy & me friends. We then spent 9 seconds listening to some good blues before the incessant Mississippi heat wore us down....that and the screaming of our overtired child who wanted to go play on the playground. No way. Pregnant mommy, sweat-drenched daddy and cranky child do not make for a chilled out time listening to live music in the park. Hell no. So home we went. Child napped, daddy and mommy showered again (yes, it's that time of year when you must sometimes take 2 showers in the day) and cooked enchiladas and guacamole for Mexican Night.
The 2nd meeting of our supper club went well. I drank a virgin margarita and ate a huge plate of food (+ dessert of course). Carter ran around yelling "Side! Side!" until we let him outside to play on the giant playscape with his friends. It was hot and all the adults lounged around and tried not to move while the kids ran up and slid down and whacked each other and gathered rocks and fought over a princess tea set and so on and so on. Finally we dragged our sweaty (he gets this from his father) child home and went night-night. Phew. What a day. It's so nice to get to socialize though...we will fight any battle with our child so that we may have intelligent conversations with other adults (intelligent, meaning no discussions about your favorite cartoon and no made up words that only our toddlers understand)
Hmmm, we were ultra lazy on Sunday. I think we were all worn out.

Yesterday I began my single mother act again (starting to get on my nerves). I did have plans to go to my pregnancy fitness class (which I haven't made in a month) so I ended up taking Carter with me at the teachers insistence. He did alright for about 45 minutes. He played nicely with a big box of toys on our mat and only annoyed the first time mothers a little bit and then he would stretch with me (super cute) and he would cuddle me when I layed back for pelvic tilts. :)

This morning we had a swim playdate at a friends and he got to "swim like a turtle"; his favorite thing to do these days. I swear this boy is a little water baby! He loves to count to three with mommy and then jump off the side and splash (of course with me catching him). I was only worried once when he climbed into the pool and right into the deep end before I could catch him. Luckily another mom caught him before he swallowed too much pool. I may be slightly more graceful in the pool but not much quicker. I still have quite a bit of girth...I'm not exactly sleek like a seal; more like a walrus.
I only had to yell at him about 15 times. Woohoo! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Carter did fine in class. Call me monday if you are bringing him and I will bring Braeden since AJ is still in summer camp. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey mamma! Just like to hear that your life is your bliss... I can wait to hear about it. xoxoxoxoxo