I don't really have any excuses for my lags between posts.....besides being boring, tired or crazed. Honestly, sometimes I just don't feel it. This is perhaps why Carter's baby book sits undone, in pieces, in my linen closet. I'm actually feeling pretty good about how much I write on this bloggity blog considering I am a classic Non-Writer of memories and events.
So bear with me and I'll get my lack-wit self back into the swing of things.
A quick update of things in the last week:
On Friday I hosted a playdate at the park for this mother's group I'm in and didn't realize there was some sort of summer school session going on. It was damn hot and the sun was beating down. The obnoxious summer schoolers were trying to kidnap my little boy while their lazy teachers sat in the shade and gossiped. We were both drenched with sweat when we got home and Carter pitched the fit of all fits when I hauled him to the car. Not my most chic moments.....round, sweaty, red-faced, carrying a cooler on one side and a screaming and kicking toddler on the other while muttering obscenities under my breath. Ugh.
I had a Mommy Day on Saturday. I went shopping, got a hair cut (very soccer-mom-lesbian but soooo much easier to deal with), scheduled my awesome spa day and ran general errands. My obsession with finding the best deal on organic milk sliced my mommy time in half because I jumped the gun when I was at Target and bought 4 milks because they were on sale. Of course I didn't think anything of it until I was walking to my car and realized I still had 4 more places to go on my list(yes, I made a list), it's 100 degrees out and I have 4 jugs of milk. Hmmmm. I should really think ahead. Bummer. I went home.
Carter had NO nap that day because he was with daddy and apparently daddy doesn't inspire the zzzzzzzzzzz's like mommy does.
Sunday was gardening and an expensive trip to Lowe's.
Monday was blah but I got to finally go to my prego fitness class since my darling husband is in the state for the time being. I am soooo out of shape.
I dropped off my rings to be cleaned and joked with Kevin that now I'd really get some guys numbers in this town. I mean, come on! Who wouldn't want to hit on a pregnant woman? :)
I got a visit from one of my favorite people, the UPS woman. She dropped off some extravagant gifts from a girlfriend of mine....unexpectedly. Very fun. I like packages.
Anyway, that brings us up to today. See? Very exciting, no?
Tonight I am taking some time off to go play a dumb game with a bunch of women and hopefully win prizes and/or moolah. Woohoo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Honey!!!! I missed ur blog!!! Even your uneventful days are eventful with that Little Man!
Post a Comment