So the husband is home. Hallelujah. There is no way I could ever be an army wife or a wife of the guy who travels a lot for business. Nope. Just not my thang.
We crammed a whole bunch of activities in the last couple of days. It felt like the weekend or something because he got in Tues afternoon and he took off of work Wed. We rented movies, grocery shopped, went to the library, got ice cream, celebrated Father's Day at Chuck E Cheese (Carter hit it big with the games and won a crapload of tickets which we cashed in for china-made plastic toys and cheap-ass stickers), did household chores and basically got caught up with everything.
Now I am looking forward to some Mommy time this weekend. I have a hair appointment (desperately needed, I look like bowling alley waitress) and I intend on running all the errands that I never get to do with toddler in tow. How exciting do you think it will be for me to wander aimlessly around Target or T.J. Maxx or even, gasp....the mall. You. Don't. Even. Know.
Anal retentive, list-maker little ol' me has actually been compiling a list of stores she wants to go to on her Mommy Day. If I didn't write them all down I would forget why I was out......not kidding, the brain doesn't work so well these days.
Also, I must share.... the darling husband has just called to inform me that he bought me a prenatal massage package at the spa that includes a pedicure (yes!yes!yes! gnarly feet will look pretty!). I think I will marry him all over again. I guess that overtime paid off, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment