FYI, I'm using this blog as sort of a baby book as well as an outlet for my mommy frustrations.
So the big news today..... Carter put away his toys after he was done playing with them. Woohoo! All by himself; no asking him to, no begging him to, no threatening him :) It was so sweet. He played with his Thomas engines and then put them back on the shelf like an hour later, got another toy played with that for a little bit and walked it back over to the shelf. Ya'll, this is amazing. I'm finally getting used to walking around in my house and not stepping on a thousand letter magnets, books and weeble wobbles. I think it's the new floors.....they've inspired him to keep his stuff neater. Yep, that's it.
**************
This morning he went bare-butt for about 2 hours because he refused to put on a new diaper. I asked him if he wanted to get undies and he said "Ah-huh!", then I got the potty chair out of the closet (where it sits unused) and told him to tell me if he had to potty. His little face crumpled like I had just yelled at him! He started crying and saying "Noooo, noooo!". We have an unnatural fear of the potty chair. It's just a plain Baby Bjorn seat; white, not scary....I don't know. Whatever.
***************
Have any of you ever seen Capoeira? The Brazilian dance fighting style? Well, if you'd like a unique display you should come over to our house during night-night time. I'm not sure what my child is doing when he spins, flips, thrashs and somersaults around the bed but this is some form of "wind down time", I guess. I have to barracade my belly with pillows to avoid a spinning kick-thrust.
***************
Speaking of somersaults..... He started doing actual somersaults tonight, all by himself. I'm talking the real ones! :) He was very proud of himself and would laugh hysterically and then say "One moooore" after he did one. I was laughing just to see him so darn tickled.
Anyway, that's all for today! Kevin gets home tomorrow and I cannot wait to see him again. It feels like a month has gone by. This is by far the longest we have been seperated from each other and neither of us want that to be repeated. Like I've said before, we are sickly in love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment