Saturday, May 31, 2008

Where'd ya get those damn fine cupcakes?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, is all this fatty foo momma has to say.

Oh Claude! What a morning. We went to a little friends birthday and Carter smeared cupcake frosting all over himself, got soaken wet and then serenaded the adults with a lively rendition of Mozarts Piano Sonata in C Major. I swear....really....it happened. He is a budding pianist. Lessons are right around the corner, I tell ya!
So, as I am saying to a friend "oh no, the heat doesn't seem to bother me like when I was pregnant with Carter....", I'm thinking that maybe I should keep my mouth shut since it is 95 degrees outside, I'm covered in melted sugared icing and I've begun to "wilt" (hey! I'm a lady so therefore I wilt elegantly......no sarcastic comments). After we got home and crabby, sugared child fell asleep I limped around the house groaning like an old crone. I guess it took more out of me than I thought it would. We had a great time but I totally need my sidekick. Now I really miss daddy. He has a duty as husband and father to chase after our little rapscallion while his beautiful, pregnant wife sips iced beverages and socializes with momma friends. *sigh*

Carter's adventurous activities of the a.m. : climbing playscape and yelling "momma!" from the very top and waving frantically, finding a big stick and beating a pine tree trunk for about 10 minutes (yeah, not sure why), eating 3 cupcakes and part of the paper cup they came in, eating everyone else's cupcake crumbs they dropped on the playscape, sliding down the big slide and leaving a smeared frosting sugar trail (kinda like a snail leaves a slime trail), splashing in puddles, playing the piano and .........get this.....kissing girls. Yes, we had our First Kiss with a girl today. Funny. She had just bopped him on the head and was ordered by her daddy to kiss and make-up. Well, Carter puckered up and they smooched lip to lip. How come I never have a camera for stuff like this? It was pretty darn cute. He is a ladies man. Must be those dreamy baby blue eyes of his. :)

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Andy and I have been laughing about that kiss since yesterday. I am writing it in the baby book under firsts--first smooch at the 2 year bday party with that rascal Carter:) Glad ya'll had fun