Well, a small breakthrough... At mommy & me we do an introduction every week where the child sits in this little rocking chair and we sing and clap their names, blah blah... The last 4 months or so Carter has refused to sit in the chair and I've had to introduce him from our mat. No big deal really but I always ask him if he wants to try the chair and he says "No!" and frowns really hard. I suppose it's some sort of shyness. Well, today I asked him and he said "Ah-huh!" (yes), grabbed my hand, ran up and jumped in the rocker. Yeah Carter! What a big boy he is becoming! Now, when I tried to get him to give it up for the next little one he pitched a total fit but eventually shared his new little throne at the urging of Miss Madelene.
At 20 months he is the youngest in the class but I think that it has been helping him to watch all the 2-3 year olds take turns and follow directions.
Hmmm, maybe if there was a class on "grocery shopping with mommy".......... I am already dreading the Walmart trip I have to make this afternoon. Eeegads!
Prepare yourselves people!! We find out the gender of our wee one tomorrow afternoon! I will post the news when we get home. I am just hoping for a fine, healthy developing baby and I don't really care what sex it is right now. (for the record, I still think it's a boy)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jessica, our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I can't wait to find out if David and Marion are going to have a new boyfriend or girlfriend to hang with!!!!
Post a Comment