So I think Mother's Day translates as "Eat a lot of crap" Day. My dad came in town yesterday so he went and got a dozen krispy kreme doughnuts this morning....um, I've eaten 5....that is wrong. We had a taco bell lunch and then dad bought chinese for dinner. Can anyone say food coma? Ugh.
Happy Mother's Day to you all out there!
This weekend has been crazy and exhausting. We went to a crawfish boil yesterday thrown by Kevin's work and they had a jumperoo or spacewalk, whatever you want to call it. Carter bounced around in there so much his hair was soaked with sweat and plastered to his head. It didn't help that it was like 95 degrees out and like 100% humidity. Ugh. Pregnant ladies no likey. I went in the jumperoo one time during a lull in the kid frenzy and when I squeezed myself out that little door one of Kevin's coworkers walked by and said, "I didn't think you'd be able to fit out that opening! I was just about to go get me a pocket knife to cut you out!". Great, thanks...you do that. Here I thought I was a being graceful as I slid my cumbersome shape out a tiny hole with my legs spread wide and my shorts up my butt. Hmmm.
After our sweaty child passed out for his nap I got to unpack all the goodies that my sister and aunt & uncle sent down. Ooohhh, it was like xmas in May. If anyone was thinking of it...no baby clothes! I have been sent an extra large amount of cute things plus all the stuff Carter had already. I have no idea where I'm gonna put all of this. I must also say that we were delivered 4 cases of Vernors. Mmmmm. Make it last!
So babers and hubbers nap, daddio reads outside in the sauna and I play with all the new toys, clothes, make-up and perfume (my sis works for clinique, formerly of estee lauder so she always has da goodies). Needless to say by the time everyone came together in one room again, I smelled like a french whore.
Then we went to a cookout with the other Papa and the fam. This child did not need another excited time in one day. Either did his mama. I was whipped by the end of it all. My whole body hurt. Whiiiinnne.
Anyway, the big news of our day here was that Headwound Harry has made an appearance again. Oh my god. I screamed as Carter tumbled off the kitchen chair and landed head first on our concrete floor and then flipped to his back. I am still sickened by the visual. The worst part was I was standing 4 feet away and Papa Jack was 2 feet away. Neither of us could catch him. Ugh. I am "watching" him like they told me to do but he seems fine. I will of course wake him up twice tonight at my own peril just to make sure he doesn't lapse into some coma. Being a mom is so hard on the nerves. I am becoming as high-strung and anxious as a french poodle.
So many plans for the next two weeks. Woohoo. I will try to keep up with da bloggity blog but we'll see. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Mothers Day little mommie!!!! I have a feeling that you will learn to sew really fast in the future with a house full of males...hehe. Love you hun!
Post a Comment