Friday, May 30, 2008

Devil's Playground

I think we are dealing with some behavioral issues lately. Hmmm. "No throwing, stop running, share the toys, LISTEN TO MOMMY!". Good grief.
Today we had fun swimming at a friends but I nearly lost my voice reprimanding my darling son. He is so damn sweet natured, honestly. He will give kisses and hugs, whisper "luv-oo" before he rolls over to sleep, help with the chores, pat my belly.... I mean he really is sweet...until he is let lose to explore or get into trouble. This devilish smile suddenly appears and he will look at me sideways like "Hey mom! Watch this! hehehe". This must be a phase where he is testing his limits with me because there are days when he does not listen to one word I say....unless it is icecream, Barney, Clifford or Choo-Choo; then it's "Ah-huh!" (excited toddler affirmative). I think he knows that I am getting rounder and slower and so he can therefore outrun me, the little stinker.
He spent the whole morning in the pool. He loved it! He was pretty daring as long as mommy was holding on to him. He was trying to drink the pool, however. mmmm.

We miss daddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess, your blog is a fav, after a long days work.. Rememeber being little? Full of lies and spunk.. My friend, you are living your Mothers curse("I hope one day you have a child just like you when you grow up")... I dont think there is way around fitty fitts unless you sell him to Mexican Bridgade... Good luck and stay healthy mamma.