Sunday, May 25, 2008

What a couple of crazy weeks

It started off really well.... then we got sick and it all went to hell. What really matters though is that my father was able to bond with Carter. Considering that most of my family has only met my child once, or possibley twice, I think that that is the most important aspect of a visit. Now, momma did get a bonus by having her floors done.....and was spoiled with strawberry milkshakes from Bop's and Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Yeah for me!
Well "PopPop", as Carter decided he was named, has left the south and returned to the northern tundra. During his visit we went to the zoo (with feverish child), we drove to the Gulf and spent an hour at the beach (not recommended when momma and child are sick) and we went to New Orleans and spent a lot of time at the aquarium (this was a blast).
Carter was hilarious at the aquarium! We haven't taken him in 8 months so it was all "new" to him this time. He did this funny, excited run-skip from tank to tank and smiled continously for over 2 hours. He got to pet a shark and he staked out a spot to watch the otters for a very long time. PopPop taught him how to throw money into the fountain and held him up to see the turtles. Oh man, he loves turtles.
At home we piddled around the house while my dad fixed a couple of light fixtures and worked on the floors. For all his hard work we sent him home with a raspy voice and a cough.
If you hadn't already read or heard; I completely lost my voice. Not being able to speak above a whisper is so flippin' frustrating I can't even explain it. NO ONE listened to me. I tried using other means to get attention like whistling, clapping, stomping.... crazy, and I feel like I have rounded abs of steel at this point from all the full-body coughing I've done the last week. Now just barely getting the voice back, thank gawd. Remind me never to get sick until the kids are in highschool.
Anyway, we are trying to get back into our normal routine and the laundry has somehow taken over and declared war on us while we were entertaining our visitor. We must tackle the insurgents right away. We are weekend warriors....of the home.

No comments: