Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wallpaper is for crazy people...or desperate people

Never hang wallpaper folks. In fact never redo a bathroom that hasn't seen any tender loving care in 40 years. Oh lord, what a mess. The floors are finally done (look great) and then we had to patch the 1001 holes and dents in the walls because we have no intention of messing around with new drywall. Once all 1001 holes were filled we looked at the walls and decided we needed to put texture or paper on them to cover all the messed up crap. Lo and behold they make texturized/paintable wallpaper these days. Kevin and I had an hour or so to ourselves at Lowe's where we decided that this would be the best choice....and somehow we both read the package as "Peel and Stick"...which it is not. Hell. We've never used wallpaper! It is a friggin' gooey, wet flappy mess.
It's very frustrating being this pregnant when all this is going on because I am a very hands on type of girl. I need to get in there and do stuff. Sigh. Instead I lean over my husband and friends shoulders and micromanage their every move Also, I am in charge of demented hyperactive toddler and his crappy-ass sleep schedule. This child is not getting to sleep before 10:30 each night. Grrrrrr.
Can someone please come be my errand person and run back and forth to Lowe's for each new little item we find we need? or grocery shop for me? or go get wrapping paper and wrap all of our man's presents....or go order the cake....or go get gas at Sam's club....or go get some tennis shoes for the boys with my coupon at the mall....argh. I'm so tired. zzzzzzzzzzz.

***********

Yesterday I had my 34 week appointment (out of 40 for all of you non prego specialists). I unfortunately had to bring along my Big Guy because daddy couldn't get home in time. Thank gawd for portable DVD players. Holy shitzle. He threw one major temper tantrum when we got there but then I turned on his DeeVee and all was well. Ahhhh. How did I survive before this? Anyway, baby is still head down (Yeah!!). I am still giant planet. That is all.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Jeez, I can't believe you are already 34wks--I know you can though. I would love to be your errand runner. The gypsys will be by later to take my two ankle biters and then I'll gas up the loser cruiser and be right over. Just kidding of course, but I sympathize. My suggestion is to not do one freaking thing except eat ice cream for the next 6 weeks girl, because you will be one tired momma when new man gets here!!! so what if you have to shower in the yard:)