Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Why does my child sweat so much?

I mean he's like a mechanic in one of those old country gas stations with no air conditioning. Hell, I know it's damn hot outside being the dog days of summer and all but come on.... His two little girlfriends don't look like you've just dunked them in a river when they are playing. It must be something about his genetics. When his daddy sweats you could probably fill up a pint glass just by squeezing out his shirt....ewww, that's kinda TMI, isn't it? Hey, well at least I didn't marry a smelly one...just a sweaty one. Yeah me!

It all started early this morning when we rolled out of bed at 8:30. We had a busy morning planned and daddy was home from work today to GET THE DAMN BATHROOM DONE. Ahem. As I was saying...we had plans, so I chugged some coffee, gave the boy some portable breakfast, swiftly changed our clothes from Night-night to LayAbout wear (we ain't impressing anyone today) and we shot out the door. Today (as I've been telling him for 3 days now) we were headed to go see the Choo Choo's. We had a scheduled thing where we were going to go hang out at the train depot and watch the train come in. For a 2 year old, this is special. We waited and waited in the hot, humid Mippi morning.....sweating. Ugh, how I hate sweating before 10 a.m. There is just something Not Right about it.
Anyway, the Amtrak train came chugging down the line with lights on and a big Chooooo Choooooo. Carter was thrilled. It was just what I'd been telling him it would be. Loud and big and noisy. He clung to me like a baby monkey; arms and legs and head wrapped around me. His eyes were saucers and he was smiling. So sweet. I soak up his excitement and it makes me grin from ear to ear.

So we left and went to play with his friends. He sweat and sweat and sweat some more and finally after a PB & J and some Caillou we came home and took a nap. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Bathroom is nearing completion but I'm not gonna look in there quite yet. I'm just going to trust the home improvement guru that is my husband.

1 comment:

joanna said...

we had to wear sweatshirts today...