Thursday, August 28, 2008

Run for the Hills!!!

This is the attitude around this town right now. I swear, the whole Gustav thing is freaking people out. I understand the chaos that Katrina caused and the long recovery but come on....shouldn't we panic when the damn storm is actually a hurricane again and actually in the Gulf? We watched Katrina bear down on NoLa from the safety of Savannah....we watched it hit as all of our plans came crumbling down. We had jobs lined up already, we had friends all there, we had a house that we were closing on in 4 days.....ugh, that was a bummer. But things work themselves out and we didn't actually lose anything; not like so many others.
So this weekend is busy. We have Carter's 2 year birthday, reorganizing bedroom for babies arrival (complete sleeping upheaval expected), Labor Day and I was gonna try to send mental images to babes to come out and join us early. ;)
However, with people lining up at the gas tanks, evacuating, stripping down the stores of all essentials and so on, I think I will try to keep the babes 'up there' a wee bit longer and just try to get through the birthday and the possible storm.
We will not be running for the hills, so to speak but we are going to get a few essentials (gas, diapers, toilet paper, oatmeal....) and we do have the option to shoot up to Jackson to stay with Kevin's dad and stepmom. I'm not too worried.....yet. I generally am not a Mass Panic type of person. I'll wait and see...then I'll freak the f*&# out. ;)

I had my 36 week OB check yesterday and this sweet little guy is helping mommy out. He is head down and low and I am 80% effaced. Woopee! I told my sis that I've never been effaced before and in some moronic way I feel like I've achieved something. Hey, everything at this point is new because Carter was butt-ass backward.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Just a quick clarification... I in no way want this post to sound insensitive to the plight of people in New Orleans or any other coastal towns...they have very much to lose if another hurricane hits. I am referring only to us inland folks in a town where people evacuate to, not evacuate from.