Monday, August 18, 2008

I like to keep it General

Well, the bathroom is still not done but soon, very soon... I think I got a little stressed this weekend (slightly teary and morose) about it all but mostly I'm blaming it on the hormones going crazy and just being so damn exhausted it makes me want to cry. Ever feel that tired?

We did have a sort of break from it all when we got together with friends this weekend for our Supper Club (minus the actual cooking). It was really just an excuse to yap and have a pool party...oh and eat take out and lots of disgusting desserts. Yes, they were absolutely horrible....so horrible that I ate 3 bowls of this chocolate pudding, brownie, cool whip, toffee chip concoction and a big slice of apple pie. This after 3 sub bites and 4 pieces of pizza. I think I put my little womb buddy in sugar shock.
Anyway, Carter got the chance to show off to daddy in the pool and daddy was simply amazed at our Big Guy.
He kept on saying "He can swim!"....so proud.
I only had one heart attack when after leaving him under Kevin's watch I swam away to chat with the girlies....and look over to see my baby go tumbling off blow-up pool toy and go completely under water. (with his swimmies on, of course but.....)
Ahhhhhh! Someone save my baby!!! This is what I scream in my head.
Of course his father is like "Oh, he's fine."
Grrrrrr. Not on my watch, mister.
We all got home safe and sound and with many big plans for next month....depending on when our little guy comes along, of course.

Carter is excited for his Birthday coming up. He talks about turning Twoooo and having cake and balloons and pizza and presents.... ya know, all the things kids salivate yearly for. I think I'm just as excited. It also gives me a kind of date to go by in the sense that as long as I make it to like, September 1st, we're good....after that, come on baby!!
I am being extra vigilant that this little one doesn't flip on me. I am totally paranoid everytime I feel what I think is his head in the wrong spot. According to the doc last week, he was head down but I ain't counting my chickens before they're hatched. So if you see me doing odd poses in the next few weeks to ensure my baby's giant noggin is headed south, please ignore me and just chalk it up to my eccentric personality. Ahem. Eccentric...remember. And if any of you all know me...well, then you know I have Lists posted all over the damn house. What to buy before the Birth, What to get for the Birthday, What to do before the Birth, What things we need if anyone asks, Who to call and catch up with before I can no longer function as normal human woman, Grocery lists with coordinating stars for coupons.....they go on and on like this. I am the traditional List Maker.
Aren't you all just chomping at the bit for the Grand Posting of the Birth?? :)

Soon, ya'll....soon.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Can't wait to see that new baby!

Anonymous said...

Well, that list of food you ate explains the last picture you sent of yourself.

(hahahahahaha---nothing but love for ya baby).