There are all these hormones surging through my body, essentially telling me how to behave at this stage in my pregnancy. I am not my own woman.
Throughout the world you see the females of virtually every species behave in a similar pattern when the time approaches for their young to be born. They flutter about nervously, they are agitated, they scurry around with bits of this and that for their "nest", they squawk or growl at their mates and sometimes they relocate to a secure spot somewhere; an optimal environment for their new babies to be born.
Well, you won't be seeing any expecting momma's flocking over to the McMahon's, lemme tell ya.
So according to dictionary.com, nesting is:
Nesting: v. to create and settle into a warm and secure refuge
According to this momma, nesting is:
Nesting: v. to get all your shit washed, folded, organized and installed. to make sure all toys have batteries and there is nothing broken that needs to be fixed. to make sure you have a surplus of necessary supplies and food. to sterilize, sanitize and clean the crap out of your home. to have your home peaceful and fully prepared for a fragile new life to begin there.
According to the daddy, nesting is:
Nesting: v. to take on a major nest improvement right before momma lays her eggs. to take momma's nest and totally shred a portion of it because you are thinking long term nest resale. to keep da momma on her toes and challenge her to a nesting duel.
Ah yes, Nesting....
Well, I was working on it.... until Friday, that is. Then came the demolition crew. Argh. Talk about going against every instinctual bone in my body. I am now 34 weeks pregnant and pretty darn ready to have this baby come out and my husband is ripping out our main bathroom. Gotta love him, though. He means well and I see his "grand plan" but now????
I have not washed my hair in 4 days and Carter and I have been taking sink and bucket baths. I sorta feel like I'm camping, except without the nature and bad cooking. My house is torn apart in the wake of the demo storm. Originally this was only gonna take the weekend (which made me laugh) now it should be done by this coming weekend (which still makes me smile a bit because I'm thinking of all the little things that my husband forgets).
Oh well, I'm trying to relax about it because we have been wanting to do the hall bathroom since the day we moved in and it just kept getting pushed behind. Now the fear is that we won't be doing much home improvement once our Little Guy comes along. It's been hard enough with just the one.
Hopefully by the time this upcoming weekend comes to a close we will have a bathroom we won't have to preface to our friends with "Um, sorry about the bathroom...." or "We haven't quite gotten to that part of the house yet..." or "Could you please hold it? We don't allow people to use our bathroom..."
And then I will be praising my husband's forethought. I know how this works...it's just nature that gets stressed about it all. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brad did the same thing to me... twice. First tore down the kitchen wall the moment I discovered I was preggo(revealing remnants of who knows what once-living creature and enough mouse-poop to infect us with that h-virus just by looking at it), then tore up the bathroom right before I was due. Fun :)
Post a Comment