Thursday, August 7, 2008

Not much to write home about

So it's August. The dog days of summer, Carter's birthday month and my ninth month of pregnancy.
I have barely left the house in the last two weeks...it's just not worth it in this heat. We were lucky enough to have some swim time with friends earlier this week but unless the sun has set I'm not stepping foot outside with or without my child. Last night I waited til 9pm to run to Walmart for a couple of random things and I was amazed at the amount of little children that were out. I'm talking babies and toddlers. Just when I get down on my mothering skills, I step out into the Underworld of Walmart. Geez. It was a romper room. Who takes their toddler grocery shopping at 9:30pm? Whatever. I'm busy raising a "Big Business" CEO so I guess I have a different agenda. :)

So I am totally sick of my own same-old-same-old cooking lately. This is my weekly menu....trying to mix it up a bit.
Sunday: Tater tot casserole & chocolate pudding pie (down home, trailer-trash sunday meal)
Monday: Leftovers & Tzatziki sauce/dip
Tuesday: Black bean tacos
Wednesday: Red beans & rice, green beans and corn bread (even got the ham hock a'cookin and the sausage fried up...ewww), peanut butter cookies (p.s. red beans & rice are traditionally eaten on mondays but they seem more of a mid week meal to me)
Thursday: dinner out but I'm making Bread Pudding with white choco cream sauce
Friday: Spinach Pie
Saturday: not sure, but I'm thinking Taco Bell :)

Isn't this just fascinating?

**********

I had a informal mini-baby shower this week and I now officially feel like I'm allowed to give birth. Is that insane? I have no idea why I am so excited to have gotten a blue foam Bumbo seat but the damn thing makes me giddy. Carter has officially claimed the seat and a couple of the baby toys we have laying around. He says "Mine!". This will be interesting, hmmm?
I just started packing my hospital bag and am contemplating the whole boiling and sanitizing step of newborn preparation. This step sucks. Breast pump parts, bottles, pacifiers, yadda yadda yadda..... Maybe I will put this off for a couple more weeks. I just want to concentrate on my Big Guy's birthday coming up. I think I'm more excited than anyone else. Two!!! That's so Big! Plus I know mostly what he is getting from people and just can't wait to see his face and hear him go "Coooooooool!" or "Wooooow!" Once his birthday is behind us I will focus completely on our Little Guy's arrival.

Anyway, this is mostly a filler-post because I feel guilty when I let it go for almost a week. I will try to marinate in my creative juices and write something more interesting later. Yeah right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you need more beans and pudding in your diet.

Oh to be southern.....haha