Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My babies

Sometimes I really don't see the time passing until I check my blog and see when I last posted. Then I'm kind of shocked and question what the hell do I do all week? I'll even check my sticker desk calendar with a perplexed kinda "huh?" noise. Well, I'll be.....



Anyway, blog time warp aside, I think we've reached a significant lag in our summertime activities. I am seriously a gigantic person and can't fit into any of my maternity clothes, save 2 dresses and 2 stretchy yoga shorts. Please see below my ginormity (not a word, I know).





Yes. This is I. At 32 weeks.....8 more to go.....good grief. Well, Carter knows all about his little brother now. He knows he will Cry! and that he will be responsible for hugging him and rocking him in the glider. He knows his little brothers name (super cute) and he knows that the baby kicks mommy (finds this hilarious) and sleeps a lot. I am terrified of the transition from one baby to two.

Earlier this week a neighbor of ours gave us one of those little mini playmats for baby that they never used and Carter had dug it out of the closet.

He was sitting on it and I told him "Honey, that's for the baby" and his reply was, "Noooo, Me baby!!!" pointing to his chest with the fingers of both hands. (very emphatically)

This just broke my heart.

"Yes, you are my Big baby and that is for the Little baby"

I will not steal his babyhood out from under his feet. He will depart from it all on his own when he is ready. I will just have two babies.



Here is my Big Baby using chopsticks for the first time:




Next month our little guy is turning 2 years old! Can you believe it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you look great mommie! Can't wait for your new little guy to make his debut