Bummer. Here I've been telling Carter all morning that we are going for another swim lesson today and really pumping him up....now it's cancelled. So no "Swim like a turtle" this morning. He was so funny yesterday for his first lesson....we mainly let him swim around with his water wings on and "fetch" all the pool toys. He jumped in a few times and went under but did very well. I was so proud of my little swimmer. He does this crazy running-swim-kick kinda like a motor boat. He did suck up quite a bit of water but was okay and didn't cry. I kept on telling him to close his mouth but he would just grit his teeth together and still have his lips open like he was a whale, filtering plankton. So then it was Close your lips! or Say Mmmmm! This worked a bit better. Funny guy.
While we were getting ready this morning a Bee Gee's song came on the radio in his room and he came running into the guest room where I was folding laundry. He was yelling, "Mommma! Mommmma! grunt grunt". He grabbed my hand and dragged me into his room and then started dancing. I guess he needed a partner. There we are, dancing to the Bee Gee's in our bathing suits. Then he channeled his inner Liberaci and started playing his Leap Frog piano thingy and snapping his fingers while I danced (I tried to stop dancing thinking he was done but then he yelled at me to keep it up while he "tickled the ivories").
Anyway, we are still living in chaos while we (really just Kevin) finish painting our den. We put it off when I was pregnant with Carter just because we had already painted every damn surface in this place and were just plain sick of it. Now we really need to get this stuff done before our little mister joins the family. Ugh. The dreaded fixer-upper. Perfect timing too, considering we have different sets of houseguests in the next few days. ;)
Oh well, there is never a good time for home improvement with a toddler in the house....and a useless, waddling pregnant woman offering direction and critique (aka, I irritate my husband because I nitpick about how he does things). Gasp! Me? Never.
I did a bit of pre-xmas shopping last night and just had to get Carter a pair of Teva Flip Flops because they were on sale and he is always stealing other peoples "Pip Pops", as he calls them. You know this child takes after his momma when I come in dangling the flops and saying "I got you a present!" and he begins squealing with glee for his new shoes. I do believe he was jumping up and down and clapping his hands in delight. He has a shoe fetish. He just kept yelling "ON ON ON" until I dropped everything and put them on his little feet. So he was butt naked (we are still dealing with pesky rash issues) and running around in his new flops and doing crazy little high steps and dance moves. I guess he likes them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love reading your blog. It makes me realize how our everday activities are like "Adventures in Parenting" !!!
Post a Comment