What happened? It was just Monday. I think because I had scheduled a jam packed week it just flew by. However, I can no longer schedule like this anymore. I must chill out a bit. Can't....waddle.....any.....faster.....argh.
This week we went to the South Mississippi version of a beach, had swim lessons for my little water bug, had an icecream playdate, had more swim lessons, mommies 30 week doctor appointment (baby is measuring big...great, I am growing giant 11 pounder), dinner with out-of-towner friends, painting (this is taking forever) and now we are preparing for our Greek/Mediterranean Night with some friends tomorrow. Gasp.
I will attempt a spinach pie and tzatziki sauce. You would think growing up with greek friends and dating a couple of greek guys that I should be able to whip this up, right? We'll see. Cooking has begun to scare me. I think it's because of our 50 year old tempermental oven. The stupid thing is downright ornery. I really can't count how many batches of cookies and muffins I've charred in the last 2 years.
Sigh.
I must say that I was completely shocked last night when we went out to meet some peeps for dinner at a local steakhouse. Carter actually sat in his highchair 90 % of the time, ate 3 chicken tenders and fries, drank all of his milk, colored and played with his stickers and was generally a sweet and pleasant dinner companion. This floored me. Normally I am about as twitchy and jumpy as an epileptic when we "dine out". Hey maybe we are turning over a new leaf, huh? ya think? please? (pathetic plea to the cosmos)
I just realized I used the word "peeps". I must apologize for my extreme dorkiness in the use of dated urban slang.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment