Friday, July 25, 2008

Post from the Daddy of the Circus

Hello readers of The McMahon Family Circus! I am honored to have been invited as a guest blogger by the web page founder, my lovely (smokin' hot) wife Jess.

With a beautiful (little pistol) baby boy in our family, it's easy to see why she named this blog spot a "Circus." That describes our growing family to a T.

Fatherhood has been the most challenging and, at the same time, the most rewarding experience of my life. I could not have been blessed with a more perfect wife (even though she accuses me of cheating on her, as a joke) and son to share in this adventure we call fatherhood.

As you know, Jess is a full-time mother. I think this is something taken very lightly in American culture today. I have heard Jess explain that she stays at home with our Little Man and I've heard reactions like "You stay at home all day?" and "I just couldn't stay at home all day!" and "How do you just stay at home all day?" and "I'm not gonna be a stay at home mother!" and etc. For those people who think that full-time mothers don't "work," they don't know what they're talking about and probably don't know what they're missing out on. Jess works tirelessly as a stay-at-home mother. I work 40+ hours/week, come home, do my regular chores, spend quality time with Jess and our baby, and then kick my feet up to watch TV and veg-out. I don't see any time off from Jess. Just when I've had enough of the 1-year-old not getting his way and I retreat to the veg-out zone, Jess sits down with him for more fun and learning and the detailed attention that he needs and deserves. Oh, by the way, she is doing all of this while apparently smuggling a beach ball under her shirt. She is 7 months pregnant but her belly would indicate at least 11.5 months!!!

Let me tell you, watching our son grow with Jess nurturing, teaching, learning with him, and providing for him in every way gives me the greatest joy in the world. I realize that some mothers are unable to stay at home and others just don't want to but the value of what I see in my stay-at-home-wifey is immeasurable. Our son has yet to mature two years and it amazes me when I see him sit down with Jess and recognize and recite numbers (he loves to countdown to "trwee" before leaping off the bed), colors (favorites are yellow and blue), and animals.

My family's energy, love, compassion, and joy, is the fountain of inspiration in my life. Jess paints an amazing portrait of her experiences as a full-time mother in the entries on these pages. I read this blog daily and I'd like to thank the readers for sharing in the trials, tribulations, and good times of The McMahon Family Circus!!!

Best to all,

Kevin

4 comments:

Jess said...

Hmmm, very good dear. I like all the "Jess is wonderful" stuff. :) Aren't you sweet!

(I swear I didn't tell him to write all of that)

Anonymous said...

G-i-r-l, you've got him trained GOOD. Are you sure you didn't stand over him and tell him what to type?

Anonymous said...

As I have posted .. "Those who choose motherhood" are my heros.. I am proud to know you and yours. I am honored to say you are a stay at home Mom....You are molding our fathers, husbands(not mine)and leaders of the future. I applaud you for realizing how important you are to your "Circus". Sleep well my friends, for you deserve it!

mandi said...

vert sweet kevin!