This child has invented his own language. I had purposely never used the word "Mine" so I didn't have a kid that screamed "Mine!" and took all the toys away from other kids.....well, that didn't work. The word "Mine" has become the bane of my existence and now he has added to it by saying "NOT Mine!!" when he doesn't want to do something; ie, nap, diaper change or eat dinner (the kid doesn't eat dinner lately, wtf?), or if he is just plain mad.
Me- "You wanna have a snack?"
Him- "Not Mine!"
Me- "Time for night-night! Give daddy a kiss."
Him- "Not Mine!"
Hmmmm. Is this like Not my idea! or Not my choice!
However, I do have to say that his word usage has skyrocketed the last couple of weeks. He likes to say Eat a lot even though he doesn't really eat anymore. He will point to me and say "Eat!" and I will obey.....because I'm always eating these days. He says Cheeeese, Teeeth, Eeeat and he can now count 123 and then it spirals into a free-for-all of numerical orderliness.
Nowadays he will just jibber jabber on and on in his new language and I can catch words here and there but mostly it's just syllables and sounds that actually sorta resemble the english language. I love it. This has got to be my favorite time of his growing up....although the attitude could be lowered slightly please. He can be a little pistol (this is how Kevin and I put it nicely).
And P.S. it took me 2 freakin' hours to get him to sleep last night. Screw this crap. I'm throwing out all those damn books on getting your kid to sleep. They were obviously written for the other 5.9 billion people on this planet.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment