Minutes 0-5
La dee dah, I'm dusting and tidying up whilst the toddler king prances around the house. I have to pee as any pregnant woman would....every 20 minutes or so, therefore unavoidabley mentioned in this snapshot of time. Now Carter wants to pee. However, he needs to strip naked to do so. (I dunno) He wants the potty from the closet. Gasp! The devil you say! Okay. I get potty out, he is naked, he sits on potty (this is pretty good), he then stands up and says "Not mine!" and crosses his arms in a pout. Who knows. He is mercurial, at best.
Minutes 5-10
Well, when I got the potty out of the closet he saw his "computer" (dvd player) that I stashed there until I pick a better spot. Now he is wriggling the fingers, jumping and saying "Meeee!". I set up the dvd player with an Elmo video. No. So I change it to a Wiggles video. No. Okay. Tantrum ensues. I have no idea what is wrong so I remove device that is causing crazy mood swings. Dvd player is put back up in closet. I continue chores around the house after heaving a few exasperated sighs.
Minutes 10-15
Naked boy starts screaming "uh-Side!" (outside). I say "You wanna go outside?". The answer is him running off and nodding. I try to finish my dusting of shelf and hear yelling from his room. "Maaaamaaa! Maaaamaaaaa!"
I walk resignedly back to his bedroom to find him laying ontop of the changing table, buckled in safely, holding a diaper in one hand and a bottle of Burts Bees baby oil in the other. Funny guy. I laugh. So I put the diaper on him (which he obviously needed to go in the backyard with...along with the baby oil).
Minutes 15-20
I then leave the room to go get my shoes on. He chatters at me and slams the bedroom door after I leave. I am supposing he is mad at me for god knows what. I dilly dally getting my shoes...throw this thing out, pick up that thing, wash hands...you know, mindless stuff. I hear more calling from the back now. Again "Maaamaaa!". "What!", I yell as I waddle my butt back there again. He has turned on the radio and put himself in Timeout (the green chair in his room). He is of course pouting furiously with his arms crossed. This makes me laugh, again. I tell him "You are not in trouble. You can get up. No timeout." He smiles and tries to get off the chair. "Stuck!", he says (his chubby thighs were sticking him to the chair).
This is the usual stuff in our day. Me desperately trying to figure out the swinging moods of my toddler.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment