So just a moment ago Carter walked into the room holding his little bowl of Cheese Nips (former snack of choice) and looked up at me sweetly and said "Noooooooo", and spit a mashed cheese nip on the floor. I suppose this is his way of saying that he no longer likes something but I sure wish the spitting thing would stop soon. I blame my father-in-law for this one. He taught him to spit and now he does it whenever he sees Papa or if he doesn't like something.....like last nights dinner. How does a child not like sweet potatoes? Oh well. I do think it's kinda cute that he's developing these likes and dislikes that will define his personality. I just love watching him grow.
I was thinking about jotting down here all the words he uses now but then the list in my head started to get really long. He's not exactly in the running for a position as Speech Writer for the White House but........No wait, if Bush gets away with half the crap he mumbles out then my son could probably improve on his public addresses quite a bit. Hmmmm, this reminds me. I must do our Will and make sure to state that our children will be raised democrats. :) That is mostly for Kevin, my darling bleeding heart liberal. I myself am a Conservative Democrat. Not sure if that means anything really but since my staunch Republican sister gets the job of instilling morals and beliefs in our kids if we aren't around......I bet it'd piss her off. hahaha.
Anyway, today in Mommy & Me he was very specific about what he wanted to participate in. We did the usual songs and stuff but he sat down and pouted when we got up to dance. I know the little boy has some sweet moves...maybe he is just shy right now. When we did a new song and dance (waddle waddle quack quack duck dance) he wen in the corner and frowned so hard I thought his little forehead might meet his nose. He has such expressions! I will download the camera this week and show everyone how much he has grown.
On some mommy news...
I've felt the little babers moving around a little. That is always the best part I think. I remember when I first felt Carter moving at 18 weeks I wasnt' even sure if it was him or me but now being the experienced momma that I am (no comments) I can feel this one at 15 weeks. Sometimes I walk up to Kevin and say "I'm pregnant!" and he's like "duh", but I mean it hits you at odd times like you are really pregnant. I guess I can't quite explain myself. Maybe the other mom's know what I mean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean. I would love to have 10 kids (not raise them, just be pregnant and give birth) because some of those moments are amazing-feeling them move, seeing the ultrasound, having them hand you a new person--awesome! I'm so excited for you guys! And PS, I think Carter was just being macho for all the girls in class today:)
Post a Comment