So today turned out to be a beautiful day. I've had much more energy today and no icky nausea so after Carters nap we got out of the house. We went to the library and I had a list of books I needed them to order, a few I wanted to check out and some I needed to renew. I think Carter lasted in the stroller maybe 5 minutes, no joke. He has become pretty much impossible to handle at the library. He doesn't care if it would disturb anyone if he screamed at the top of his lungs. I on the other hand was raised to respect the 'Quiet' rule at the library and I tend to get very stressed when my very vocal child acts out. I somehow managed to hold him down while I filled out book order forms, dragged him down a couple of aisles and grabbed a few books (who the hell knows if they're any good, I didn't exactly have much of a chance to peruse the back) and finally I gave in and took him downstairs to the kids section. He really likes it although there really isn't much for him to do down there but run back and forth and throw himself on animal shaped pillows (probably encrusted with years of childrens sneezes, eww). I was just glad he wasn't yelling and carrying on.
I had promised him that we would go see the Choo choo trains (new obsession) so after the library I drove around downtown where the train station is and was hoping we'd get lucky and have one come through....I should have found out the schedule but whatever. I circled around twice and we got one! It was only a 2 car choo choo but it made alot of noise coming through. That's all that matters. It went Choo Choo! It was pretty loud when we were right up on it and Carters bottom lip stuck out...I think he still gets upset when things are too loud. We have a very sensitive littly boy. So library was basically a success, Choo choo was a success...now what? I guess we drive home.
Ah ha! Not done yet with our big day out. We went and got a yummy strawberry milkshake to share between the Three of Us ;)
Now, Mr. Sweet Pea is happily sucking down the remnants of his shake and watching what else? Barney, of course. Ahhhh. We are relaxed. Let's see how long this lasts....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment